We have deep roots.
Our founder, Charles M Callahan Jr, moved from Boston to the Palmer area back in 1955.He arrived with the intention of developing one of the most successful hot mix asphalt and construction firms in the region.
Under Charlie’s leadership, the company grew to become a prominent construction company providing raw materials, hot mix asphalt and road construction services through the communities of Central/Western Massachusetts and Northern Connecticut.
Today, as a second-generation family-owned business, Charlie’s expectation of excellence is in our blood. It defines us with our employees, neighbors and colleagues. And, it is what has allowed us to build Palmer Paving into an industry leader while retaining our small town values.
1955 – PPC established; Palmer, MA
1974 – PPC acquires Bayer-Mingola; Springfield, MA
2001 – PPC acquires Labrie Asphalt; Easthampton, MA
2007 – PPC acquires Aggregate Industries- Barre Facility; Barre, MA