Job Description/Title: Courier/Parts Runner
Reports To: Purchasing/Garage
Summary of Position:
Support the Company?s office and field operations through timely delivery of essential parts, supplies, and mail.
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Drive loaded and unloaded vehicles and light trucks to deliver parts, materials, & supplies.
- Unload and sort items collected along driving routes.
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering goods.
- Check with home offices to confirm deliveries and to receive instructions for other deliveries
- Assist Buyer with purchasing, inventory, shipping, and receiving activities.
- Assist Garage mechanics with minor repairs as requested.
- Operation of vehicles and light equipment
- Considerable use of arms and legs
- Use of entire body to climb, lift, balance, walk, stoop.
- Receive and interpret information from others.
- Use hands and arms to handle, install, position, and move materials.
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, customers, the public, and external sources by phone or in person.
- Most of work is performed outdoors in a variety of weather that may include rain, heat, humidity, and dry dusty air.
- Indoor work is performed in a maintenance garage with exposure to odors, dust, and fumes.
Tools and Technology Used:
Tools & technology used in this position include, but are not limited to:
- Passenger vehicles and light trucks
- May use standard warehouse equipment, such as a forklift and small tools
- Light use of typical office equipment.
This position requires knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledgeable of regional driving area and transportation issues (best routes to follow, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of English language.
The successful incumbent in this position will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Service-oriented with good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to understand & follow directions with strong listening skills.
Palmer Paving Corporation
Courier Parts Runner
- High school degree, GED, or equivalent education
- One year of similar experience
- Must have a current and valid Massachusetts Class D driver?s license.
- Must be qualified under the PPC fleet safety policy, which includes but is not limited to a review of the employee?s Motor Vehicle Record.