INSTRUCTIONS & PROCESS
- Please read these instructions and the Important Information at the bottom of this page before completing your application.
- We welcome your resume, if you have one. However, we must also have the completed Application form, since many of the questions may not appear on a resume. You do not have to duplicate answers ? if the information is on your resume, please write ?See Resume?.
- Please mail your application to:
Palmer Paving Corporation
Palmer MA 01069
- OR please fax with cover-letter or cover page to:
Attn: Human Resources
- Due to the volume of resumes and applications that we receive, we cannot assure that you will receive a personal follow-up, or that we can respond to follow-up telephone calls. Rest assured that we will handle your application with the utmost level of professionalism.
Please download the employment application.
EEO/AA Policy Statement
Palmer Paving Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Oppportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, age, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, mental retardation, sexual orientation, learning disability or physical disability including, but not limited to blindness, except where any of the above is a bona fide occupational qualification or need. Palmer Paving Corporation will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because he or she is a special disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era in regard to any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified.
Preconditions to Employment
Palmer Paving Corporation is committed to protecting the safety, health and well being of employees, subcontractors, and the general public. We have established a drug-free workplace program that balances our respect for individuals with the need to maintain an alcohol- and drug-free environment. If you are offered a position with PPC, you will be required to successfully complete a post-offer drug and/or alcohol screening and a physical examination. DOT positions are subject to additional post-offer alcohol testing. Positions designated for a post-offer motor vehicle record check are those that involve DOT or non-DOT driving. Positions designated for a post-offer credit report check are those that handle the company?s finances, cash, and significant confidential information, such as positions in our Accounting Department.
Employment Eligibility Verification
If hired, you must provide proof that you are eligible to work in the USA. We E-verify all our employees.
Compliance With Child Labor Laws
If you are offered a position that is considered hazardous under federal and/or state labor laws, you may be asked to submit proof of age.
It is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.